The Care for Kids’ Ears resources are part of the Australian Government’s commitment to improving ear and hearing health for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people..
The resources were designed in consultation with an expert Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander advisory committee to increase awareness of ear disease and hearing loss by:
- Increasing awareness of the role that regular ear examinations, treatment of ear infections, staying smoke-free, maintaining good hygiene, breastfeeding and nutrition have in preventing the development of ear disease;
- Increasing awareness of the signs and symptoms of ear disease;
- Increasing understanding of the link between ear disease and hearing loss;
- Increasing awareness that ear disease and hearing loss can have significant long-term consequences on language and development; and
- Increasing awareness of prevention and the appropriate treatment pathways.